23rd Congress of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
Palace of Romanian ParliamentBucharest, ROMANIA Visit the Venue to read more
Dear Colleagues and friends,
It gives me a great honor to be able to welcome you in Bucharest on June 3-6th, 2015, for the 23rd Congress of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES).
The Romanian Association for Endoscopic Surgery (RAES) has understood the national significance of the Event and decided to organize the 8th RAES Congress, in the same time and place, in conjuction with the EAES Congress.
The Congress Venue is the Palace of Romanian Parliament, an impressive building that stands right in the historical and geographical center of Bucharest, as a giant construction marking the “golden age” of the dictatorial regime.
Bucharest, the capital of Romania, welcomes you with its warm perfume and architecture of the last Century that have given the nickname of “Little Paris of East Europe”! The period of communism has left big footprints in the aspect of the city too, but the modern facilities, the historical monuments, the museums, parks, restaurants, night life and city's atmosphere will leave you great tourist memories!
Romania waits for you to touch the beautiful wild nature of the Carpathians, Transilvania or Danube Delta, to visit the famous Dracula’s Castle in Bran village, the Peles Palace in Sinaia or the Old Monasteries in Moldova as well to feel the traditional hospitality of the Romanian people.
It is the second time, when the EAES Congress is organized in the Eastern Europe, proving the great interest of the Association to the extension of the modern technologies and endoscopic techniques for diagnostic and treatment. More and more surgeons and patients are targeted to benefit on these bridges for knowledge, research, high performances, and friendship. On the other hand, within the last years, we have witnessed historical changes in endoscopic surgery, breaking unexpectedly the classic limits of surgery.
Thus we propose the theme of the congress: "breaking through the frontiers of endoscopic surgery".
This generous and ambitious theme may drive the discussions during the 23rd EAES Congress toward the progress of surgical science and benefit on out patients!
We look forward to a very successful Congress in Romania and on behalf of the EAES, as well the whole community of Romanian surgeons I warmly welcome you all in Bucharest!
Catalin Copaescu MD PhD
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
- Minimally invasive surgery is responsible for the introduction of multiple new technologies to the world of general surgery. Light sources, miniaturized video, new energized operating tools, and robots for surgery, were all introduced and sometimes developed with the help of Mini-invasive surgeons.To stay on the cutting edge of new technologies, EAES Technology Committee organizes an “Amazing technologies” at the Technology Symposium as of the upcoming EAES congress.
- The “Amazing technologies” will feature short presentations of new technologies for surgery and similar interventions. The presentation can be of early ideas, with or without clinical or animal studies, including prototypes, instruments and devices at any stage of development.
- Surgeons involved or interested in cutting edge technologies, engineers, industrial designers, entrepreneurs and industry. You may register to the Technology Symposium only, no need to register for the whole congress!
- Because the technologies presented are new, many of them at an early stage. You will be exposed to completely new ideas, get feedback from a diverse audience, and be able to expose new technologies to the most interested public. Whether you are a clinician, an engineer or a member of industry, this is your platform for exchanging ideas and establishing collaborations.
A word of caution…
- Any idea presented at the “New Tech Afternoon” becomes public domain. If you want to expose it, make sure it is protected by patents and the technical know-how is yours.
Abstracts should be no longer than 150 words
A special registration fee of € 50,- to attend the Technology Symposium 2, afternoon program, applies to those who have registered for the Core congress, 4th till 6th of June 2015.
The regular registration fee is € 100,-
The EAES welcomes and values the participation of the industry as sponsors and as a voice in the scientific program through satellite symposia and technical exhibits.
For further information please download the Sponsoring and Exhibitor Prospectus below and associated venue floor plan.
For specific enquiries contact:
EAES Congress Secretariat
Main address: PO Box 335, NL-5500 AH, Veldhoven, Netherlands
Tel: (31 40) 2525288
Fax: (31 40) 2523102
E-mail: info (at) eaes.eu