24TH ASIAN & OCEANIC CONGRESS OF OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY – AOCOG 2015
Borneo Convention Centre Kuching #SARAWAK , MALAYSIA
- As organizations around the world seek to be more innovative, and compete more and more on creativity, we approached the question of innovation from a totally unique perspective. Instead of exploring the capacity of an individual alone or in group to innovate, we try instead to identify the spaces that have historically led to unusual rates of creativity and innovation. Places such as the Coffee Houses during the age of enlightenment or the Salons of modernism. Spaces where minds serendipitously come together connect and produce great ideas. And with this in mind, we would like to introduce Borneo Convention Centre Kuching, the unique convention centre. A space created among the tranquility of the tropical rainforest where any distractions that will take focus away from simply being innovative are kept at a distance but yet still easily accessible.
- Being secluded however does not mean disconnection. The centre is equipped with the latest in communication technologies with wireless internet enveloping the whole area, cutting ledge LAN infrastructure and the latest in Audio/Visual technology to ensure any and all collaboration that happens inside, are widely visible outside. All this to realise the belief we have that collaborative innovation can be at its peak if held in the correct environment. Every part of BCCK is designed to be an environment for the inquisitive. An environment that encourages people to think broadly and generally about challenges and one in which participants can feel free to follow their curiosity. Equally important, it seeks to be an environment where people can connect with each other.
|OM||DIMENSIONS / SIZE||SEATING|
|(m)||(m2)||Theatre||Tiered + Flat Floor||Classroom||Hollow Square||Cluster||U-Shape|
|Hall A||32.5 x 27.5||893.75||700||1108||450||140||400||235|
|Hall A + B||32.5 x 49||1592.5||1500||1908||900||280||800||445|
|Hall B + C||57 x 21.5||1225.5||1500||N/A||800||240||700||355|
|Hall C + D||24.5 x 49||1200.5||1000||1248||680||200||600||315|
|Hall A + D||57 x 27.5||1567.5||1500||2156||900||240||750||405|
|Hall A + B + C + D||57 x 49||2793||4000||4656||1700||480||1400|
Selamat Datang! Welcome!
Every two years the members of the AOFOG get together for their conference. The middle of the year 2015 sees the event at the exotic location Kuching, Sarawak, hosted by the Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Malaysia. This event promises to be a path-breaking one with several new concepts and practices being introduced.
The theme selected –“Old World Charm Meeting New Technology” is very apt. An unprecedented number of delegates are expected as the topics selected are excellent and the location, Borneo, tempting. All topics in the field of women’s health will be discussed with recent advances being highlighted. The organizers are making all efforts to make the conference rewarding to the delegates with a great social programme.
Let us AOFOG members remember the words of Henry Ford : “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” This success is yours and would help to strengthen the organization. I also seek representation from the countries that did not participate in Bangkok to join us and find out what the AOFOG can do.
So put aside your cares and worries and join us dreaming of technology, progress, blowpipes and hornbills. Looking forward to seeing you from 3rd to 6th June 2015 in Kuching.
|President - AOFOG|
Dr Kurian JosephPresident, Asia and Oceania Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (AOFOG)
Professor Sir S. ArulkumaranPresident, International Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (FIGO) President, British Medical Association
|A name synonymous with Maternal Health, the FIGO President will grace the Congress and tackle this vexatious issue.|
Professor Rajat Gyaneshwar (SS Ratnam Memorial Lecturer)Professor of ObGyn, Fiji National University, Fiji
Dr Paul FogartySenior Vice President Global Health, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) UK
|A tireless champion of safe motherhood in the AOFOG region, Prof Gyaneshwar will explore the challenges that lie ahead in his SS Ratnam Memorial Lecture.||Passionate about his portfolio in Global Health, Dr Fogarty will update us on how all of us can play an effective role in achieving patient safety|
Professor Hye-Sung WonProfessor, Department of ObGyn Director, Fetal Treatment Center, UUCM, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
Professor PC WongSenior Consultant and Head, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, National University of Singapore, Singapore
|A much sought after speaker, she will make a difficult but important subject easier to grasp.||A pioneer in ART and an engaging speaker, eminently qualified to take us through cutting edge technology.|
Professor Ian S. FraserProfessor in Reproductive Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
|A luminary who has waged many a battle with this worthy adversary, Prof Fraser will enlighten us if victory is within our grasp.|
- Congress delegates are encouraged to Register Online for quick and easy payment using credit cards.
- Credit cards accepted for payment are Visa and MasterCard.
- All credit card payments will be subjected to a 3.1% surcharge.
- Automatic confirmation will be sent to the email address indicated and will serve as the official receipt for the registration. No other receipts will be provided.
- Please do not register more than once to avoid a double charge.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
The official AOCOG2015 Congress Hotel is the Pullman Kuching, the newest 5-star hotel in the city. The Pullman offers luxurious comfort, facilities to meet every need and warm service typical of the hospitality of Sarawak. Other hotels to choose from include the Hilton Kuching, Merdeka Palace, Riverside Majestic, Grand Margherita, 360 Hotel and the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. For more information on these hotels, please click on the links below.
Special rates have been negotiated with Congress Hotels for a limited number of rooms. Please book early to avoid disappointment. All bookings must be made directly with the respective hotel. The Organisers will not accept responsibility for any bookings or complications arising from them.
How to Reserve a Hotel Room
- If a ‘Booking Link’ is indicated for your selected hotel, click on the link and you will be directed to the hotel’s dedicated webpage to make your room reservation. If the link does not work or if you receive an error message, contact the hotel directly for reservations and further instructions.
- If a ‘Booking Form’ is indicated, click on the link to download the booking form and return it to the hotel for your room reservation.
- If a ‘Hotel Link’ is indicated for your selected hotel, click on the link and you will be directed to the hotel’s website where you can make your room rate enquiries and reservations. If the link does not work or if you receive an error message, contact the hotel directly for reservations and further instructions.
- Credit card information will need to be provided to secure your room reservations.
- Please take note of the room cancellation policies, as indicated by the respective hotel.
- All abstracts must be submitted online.
- Any abstract sent by email, fax or post will NOT be processed or acknowledged by the Congress Secretariat.
- Abstracts will be considered for oral presentation, electronic poster presentation or video presentation.
- Papers must not have been published elsewhere.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- The maximum number of words allowed per abstract is 400 (excluding the author’s name and affiliations and abstract title).
- Abstracts must be submitted on or before 31 January 2015.
- All abstract submissions will be acknowledged by email only. Please ensure that your email address is correct at the time of submission.
- All presenting authors must be registered delegates. All abstracts will be removed if presenting authors have not registered and paid by
1st March 2015.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Research (JOGR) - the official journal of the AOFOG and Japan Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology