33RD ANNUAL MEETING OF THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR PAEDIATRIC INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Congress Center Leipzig #LEIPZIG, GERMANY
Willkommen! Bienvenue! Welcome! Bienvenidos! Добро пожаловать!
Meeting PlannersIf you are a conference or event organiser, start here and use the menu buttons above to learn more about the Congress Center Leipzig's facilities, services and events. For questions not answered on these pages, contact us by phone or e-mail.
Visitors and GuestsIf you are a participant of a conference or event, we look forward to welcoming you to our venue. The "Visitors & Guests" gateway takes you to information about our events, or how you get here. For further information call or e-mail us.more information
Press ServiceDoes the CCL or an event we are hosting meet with your journalistic interest? Enter the „Press Service" Gateway to find our press releases and other materials. We will be pleased to answer your questions by phone or e-mail. more information Congress Center Leipzig is certified with the international sustainability standard Green Globe.
On behalf of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) and the International Scientific Committee (ISC) of the 33rd Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID), we would like to welcome you to Leipzig.
The Programme Committee has again created a comprehensive series of keynote lectures, symposia, educational workshops and meet-the-professor sessions, covering the entire field of paediatric infection-related diseases and involving a large number of internationally renowned experts. The programme includes regular interactive presentations highlighting the results of applied research and the lessons learned in clinical and laboratory practice that will allow for an exchange of experiences among the various sub-specialties.
You will not only benefit from scientific exchanges taking place during the formal activities, but networking with colleagues from different backgrounds encourages new research ideas and innovative ways of organising laboratory and clinical processes. The programme provides a unique opportunity for debate, discussion and the exchange of important ideas and information in the epidemiology, clinical presentation, prevention and treatment of paediatric infectious diseases. In addition, your contributions are highly appreciated and will be presented in oral sessions or poster exhibitions that will undoubtedly extend our knowledge of the latest scientific developments in these fields.
Beyond everything the scientific programme has to offer, we know that in Leipzig, our host city, you will discover a city that is modern and traditional, vibrant and diverse, hospitable and unforgettable. Leipzig today is a city where sustainability, growth, and quality of life go hand in hand very well. Visitors to Leipzig are captured by the city's spirit and will leave it inspired and full of new ideas. We wish you a fruitful ESPID 2015 Meeting and a great time in Leipzig.
Michael Borte and Volker Schuster
Chairs, ESPID 2015 Meeting
On behalf of the Local Organising and International Scientific Committees
Shai Ashkenazi, Israel
Reinhard Berner, Germany
Ralf Bialek, Germany
Michaël Boele van Hensbroek, The Netherlands
Karina Butler, Ireland
Byran Martina, The Netherlands
Andrew Cant, UK
Nigel Curtis, Australia
Ron Dagan, Israel
Darrell L. Dinwiddie, USA
Simon Dobson, Canada
Janet Englund, USA
Susanna Esposito, Italy
Anders Fasth, Sweden
Gerben Ferwerda, The Netherlands
Carlo Giaquinto, Italy
Hermann Girschick, Germany
Michael Green, USA
Andreas H. Groll, Germany
Werner Handrick, Germany
Ulrich Heininger, Switzerland
Philipp Henneke, Germany
Adrian Hill, UK
Markus Hufnagel, Germany
Giuseppe Indolfi, Italy
David Isaacs, Australia
Tilmann Kallinich, Germany
Nigel Klein, UK
Jan Kluytmans, The Netherlands
Markus Knuf, Germany
Marion Koopmans, The Netherlands
Simon Kroll, UK
Helen Lachmann, UK
Sylvain Latour, France
Pamela Lee, Hong Kong
Thomas Lehrnbecher, Germany
Ofer Levy, USA
Johannes G. Liese, Germany
Jussi Mertsola, Finland
Andreas Müller, Germany
David Nadal, Switzerland
Cristiana Nascimento-Carvalho, Brazil
Tim Niehues, Germany
Arnold Oranje, The Netherlands
Albert Osterhaus, The Netherlands
Capucine Picard, France
Andrew Pollard, UK
Rino Rappuoli, Italy
Emmanuel Roilides, Greece
Pablo Rojo, Spain
Victor Daniel Rosenthal, Argentina
Jesus Saavedra, Spain
Arne Simon, Germany
William J. Steinbach, USA
Franc Strle, Slovenia
Jochen Süss, Germany
Marc Tebruegge, UK
Tobias Tenenbaum, Germany
Volker Wahn, Germany
Stefan Wirth, Germany
Theo Zaoutis, USA
The group registration process is valid for a minimum of 10 delegates or more.
In order to facilitate your group registration, please complete this form together with the payment and return by fax to
ESPID 2015 Registration Department, fax: +41 22 9069140 or E-mail to: email@example.com
In order to benefit from the early registration fees, please ensure the signed form and payment is received
before March 12, 2015.
At this stage the name list of delegates is not required; you are welcome to register your group by stating number of
participants only and send us the FINAL names no later than March 25, 2015; please do not send preliminary name lists.
Name changes (up to 15% of total participants) will be permitted free of charge until April 25nd
, 2015; after this date,
any name change will be subject to 20 EUR charge per name.
On site Pre-Registration pick up for groups will be available upon request; Groups’ representatives are welcome to
coordinate a personal meeting with Ms. Orna Gilboa. At this meeting you will receive the registration kits, bags and
meeting material. We recommend booking this meeting before April 5
Payment is accepted by credit card or bank transfer (additional 30 EURO per bank transfer). Credit card payment is
subject to additional 4% commission.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
re you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
Full postal address
Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
Full first and family name(s).
Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories – please click here.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract. It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words.
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
Abstract submission deadline 2015-01-14
- Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Meeting publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by March 19, 2015 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the Meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the 33rd Annual Meeting of ESPID.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts over 250 words will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please note that consideration will be given to your preferred presentation type, however the final allocation will be determined by the reviewing committee.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
- ESPID will publish all accepted abstracts online (open access) for a period of at least 5 years. The abstract published online will include the e-mail address of the presenting author. As a condition of submission, ESPID requires you to agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to ESPID.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.