SASMO SASCRO Congress 2015
CTICC: Cape Town International Convention Centre #CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Dear Friends and Colleagues
We are pleased to invite you to the 17th SASMO & SASCRO Congress to be held in Cape Town from the 7 to 9 August 2015.
This is the premier Oncology Congress in South Africa! It will take place in the arms of beautiful Table Mountain and close to the one of South Africa’s premier attractions – the V&A Waterfront.
The theme of the Congress is Partnerships and Progress. The congress will have a revised format with morning education sessions, followed by plenary sessions and disease specific proffered papers chosen on academic merit.
International speakers have been invited for their academic excellence and willingness to engage in the conference. There will be sessions which deal with education and research which is relevant internationally as well as locally.
There will be widespread participation of International Oncology organizations as well as fellow professional organizations which are involved in the care of cancer patients.
The Congress will be academically rewarding and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the Congress in Cape Town.
Please return the Intention Form to us as soon as possible.
Prof Raymond Abratt (SASCRO)
Dr Georgia Demetriou (SASMO)
|Dr Mario Dicato||Luxembourg Medical Centre||Luxemburg||Gastrointestinal cancers, anaemia in cancer, basic science research|
|Prof Karin Haustermans||Catholic University of Leuven||Belgium||GIT and GU oncology, fundamental clinical research & quality assurance in research|
|Dr Cllifford Hudis|
(Immediate past president of ASCO)
|Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York City||USA||Breast cancer|
|Prof Sandro Porceddu||University of Queensland||Australia||Head and neck cancer, skin cancer & sarcoma cancer|
|Prof Ben Slotman||VU University, Amsterdam||The Netherlands||Lung cancer, early clinical implementation of new technologies & health economics in radiation oncology|
|Prof David Warr|
(current president of MASSC)
|University of Toronto||Canada||Breast cancer & supportive care|
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
We have secured group accommodation at the following five hotels:
The Westin, Southern Sun The Cullinan, Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, Garden Court Nelson Mandela Boulevard & City Lodge V&A Waterfront.
These rooms will be reserved for congress delegates until 1 June 2015 and will be available on a first-come, first serve-basis.
- Rates include breakfast & 14% VAT, but exclude incidental expenses & 1% tourism levy.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Check-in time: 15:00 (An early check-in, if required, may be requested and will be prioritised. This is, however, not guaranteed.)
- Check-out time: 10:00
- The accommodation establishment’s cancellation policy will apply.
|Rates include breakfast & 14% VAT||Single / night||2 people / night|
|Distance from venue|
How to make a reservation:
|R 2 690 –|
R 3 090
|R 2 990 – |
R 3 390
|Directly Opposite the CTICC (30m)|
You are invited to submit abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the programme. Kindly find instructions for preparation of abstracts below.
- Papers will only be accepted on the understanding that the main author or a co-author will personally present the paper.
- Co-authors must agree with the results stated and have consented to be included as authors.
- All participants must disclose in writing in advance of the meeting any significant financial interest or other relationships they may have with the manufacturers of commercial products discussed in their presentations, panel or written materials.
- Acceptance and presentation of oral presentations and posters require full payment of registration fees for the congress.
- Oral presentations: 12 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
- Posters: There will be a poster session during lunch on Saturday.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts is 20 March 2015.
- Abstracts should not exceed one A4 page.
- On a separate page, please state
- presenting author’s title,
- first name,
- postal address,
- fax, office telephone, cell number and e-mail address.
- Authors must state whether they wish their presentation to be considered as oral presentation OR poster.
- Would you be prepared to do a poster if your oral presentation cannot be accommodated?
- Registrars / fellows who want to be considered for the registrar / fellow awards, must clearly indicate this and their submissions must be accompanied by a letter from their academic Head of Department confirming that they are registrars / fellows or have qualified within the last year and the research being presented was done during their registrar / fellow time.
Click here to download details and guidelines regarding the awards.
- Please submit your abstract electronically, using MS Word firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that the organisers have received your abstract(s).
- Authors will be informed of the acceptance of their abstracts by 1 May 2015.
Approximately 900 delegates (based on the 2013 numbers, including about 200 trade delegates) are expected to attend the 2015 National Congress of SASMO and SASCRO at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa.
A variety of opportunities remain for companies to promote themselves at this congress. The Organising Committee, chaired by Prof Raymond Abratt and Dr Georgia Demetrio, has compiled a summary of these opportunities and invites interested companies to select the option best suited to their marketing strategies and product profile.
The participation of the trade is the backbone of a successful congress. We have great appreciation for your continued support of our congresses.
The Organising Committee would be most grateful if your company would consider participating in this congress.
In the current budget-constrained environment the organisers would like to encourage participating exhibitors to carefully reconsider the use of expensive promotional displays in the exhibition area. A trend towards simplicity and relevance is considered more appropriate at this time, we think you will agree.
This congress has the title ‘Partnerships and Progress’ and we feel that additional sponsorships would be more in line with this theme. The organisers will obviously ensure that this partnership is acknowledged appropriately.
R K Communication
Rhyno Kriek, Heyns du Preez & Amelia Koch (Congress Organisers)
Tel. (Domestic calls): 051 436 7733 / 083 265 0 265
Tel. (International calls): 00 27 51 436 7733 / 00 27 83 265 0 265
Fax: +27 (0) 86 60 60 555
Postal address:PO Box 28694, Danhof, Bloemfontein, 9310, South Africa