South African Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery 50th Congress in association with the South African Association of Audiologists and the South African Speech-Language-Hearing Association 2014
CTICC: Cape Town International Convention Centre #CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Cape Town International Convention Centre which is in the centre of Cape Town and within walking distance from a range of hotels and from the Waterfront shopping and entertainment area. Cape Town is a wonderful holiday destination in the spring, so be certain to plan a vacation before or after the congress.
The programme promises to be of a high academic quality and will include sessions dedicated to rhinology, otology, head & neck and paediatric surgery. A number of international speakers have already confirmed their participation including Eugene Myers, Jeffrey Myers, Heinz Stammberger, Daniel Simmen, and Thomas Linder. Pre- and post-congress dissection workshops including lateral cranial base and rhinology are being planned.
We look forward to welcoming you to the congress and to Cape Town.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
1. Delegates wishing to present oral or poster presentations are invited to submit a short summary for consideration. Results must be clearly presented in the abstract and no late abstracts will be accepted.
2. Abstract submissions to be submitted online by 4 July 2014. Abstracts must be submitted online: Click here
Abstract Site Instructions:
1. Register to create an account
2. Complete the Profile and Biography
3. Go to "My Abstracts" and submit your abstract
4. Check that your abstract has been uploaded properly by signing out and logging back in.
3. The Congress Academic Committee reserves the right to select papers and posters for presentation.
4. Abstracts received will be acknowledged and notification of acceptance or rejection will be by email by 1 August 2014.
5. All presenting authors are requested to fully register for the congress by 22 August 2014. If no registration and payment for the congress has been received by this deadline, the presentation will not be listed in the programme. This measure has been taken to overcome any “no-shows” disrupting the programme.
6. Please read the submission requirements carefully as abstracts submitted will not be changed later.
7. Conflict of Interest: If the research is funded (partially or fully) by a proprietary organisation, a statement to that effect must be included at the bottom of the abstract.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
The meeting rooms are equipped with data projectors and only MS PowerPoint will be accepted.
MAC plug-points will be provided at the lecterns for those wishing to present using their own MACS.
Please note that no more than three submissions will be allowed per presenter due to possible programme limitations.
Profile: The presenting author should create and complete the online submission and not a co-author. The biography is compulsory as the chairperson will use this to introduce each speaker.
Category: Select the category you wish to submit your abstract under.
Title: Insert the full title of the proposed presentation. Title should not exceed 15 words.
Co-authors: Insert full names and contact information.
Co-presenters: Please select this function if another author will be co-presenting the paper with you at the conference.
Text: Insert the text body of the abstract. You will not be able to type additional words once the limit has been reached, so please check your abstract once submitted. Do not insert the title, contact info or co-authors in this text block. Check that special characters have copied correctly. Check that the full abstract has been successfully uploaded by logging out and logging in to your profile again. Text limit: 250 words
Poster Presentation Guidelines
The poster panels will be no larger than 120cm high and 75cm wide (portrait style). Please be aware that there is no space for excessive sizes. Poster exhibitors are advised to make several copies for placement next to the poster. Special A4 plastic sleeves will be provided at the poster boards for the poster copy and for business cards. Poster adhesive will be supplied for each poster.
Eastern Sun Events
Phone: +27 (0) 41 374 5654
Fax: +27 (0) 41 373 2042
Eastern Sun Events
PO Box 12612
Phone: +27 (0)41 374 5654
Fax: +27 (0)41 373 2042