WASM welcomes the submission of abstracts to the 6th World Congress on Sleep Medicine.
Abstracts will be submitted via online abstract submission form. In order to standardise the abstract layout we ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
Please feel free to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
April 1, 2014-Abstract submission begins.
July 31, 2014-Early Fast Track deadline. Notice to authors will be sent by August 31, 2014.
November 30, 2014-Regular deadline. Notice will be sent to authors by December 31, 2014.
January 31, 2015-Final abstracts and Late Breaking abstracts deadline. Notice will be sent to authors by February 15, 2015.
March 15, 2015-Abstract book available by PDF to view online.
May 2015-Abstracts published in supplement of Sleep Medicine Abstract Categories.
Aging and Developmental Issues
Behavior, Cognition and Dreaming
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (not Narcolepsy)
Neurological Sleep Disorders Affecting Sleep/Waking
Psychiatric Disorders Affecting Sleep/Waking
REM Behavior Disorders
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) and Movement Disorders
Sleep Breathing Disorders
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
1. Posters should be no larger than 90cm wide by 120cm long (35 inches wide x 47 inches long)
2. Push pins and velcro will be provided for you to affix your poster to the display boards.
3. You may hand out information sheets to those viewing your poster.
4. Poster material must be prepared in advance and should be large enough to be viewed from a distance of 3.28′ (1 meter) or more.
5. Each poster must have a top label indicating the title of the paper, the names of the authors and their affiliations. The size of the characters for the title should be at least one inch high.
6. Keep illustrative material simple. Charts, drawings and illustrations may be similar to those used in marking slides – preferably with bolder, heavier figures. Should be mounted on fairly stiff paper – but NOT heavy cardboard.
7. “Introduction” and “Conclusion” sections are usually helpful. When feasible, use graphs for demonstrating qualitative relationships, tables of precise numerical values. Photographs should be in a matte finish, not glossy.
8. Do not fold posters; try to carry them in an appropriate container. Do not mail poster presentations in advance; bring them with you to the Meeting.
9. Congress staff will be present to assist you.
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstracts
1. Abstracts may only be submitted via internet. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be
2. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
3. Abstracts may not be longer than 2500 characters including spaces (excluding title and authors).
4. Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
5. Authors should indicate their presentation preference:
-oral or poster presentation
-The Program Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
6. During the online submission process, authors should indicate whether they wish to be considered for any awards.
7. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by email with your ID number. If you do not receive a confirmation by email please contact email@example.com
8. If your research has been granted any commercial or institutional support, you will be asked to disclose this during the submission process.
9. After submitting an abstract the abstract cannot be modified or changed. A new abstract should be submitted and email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the abstract number to delete.
10. We do accept encore submissions, if you are/or have previously presented at another meeting prior to March 2015 you are still able to submit it for the 6th World Congress on Sleep Medicine in Seoul, Korea.